The Music Institute is fully committed to providing a safe environment for children and young people, and to safeguarding the well being of our young students, both within the School and in the context of our new online music lessons. Please see below our Child Protection Statement.
The aim of the The Music Institute’s Child Protection Policy is to promote best practice in protection and set out a procedural framework to ensure that members of staff are equipped to make informed responses to specific issues and minimise risk with regard to protection and welfare issues. At the heart of our child protection statement is the understanding that the welfare of the child is paramount. In implementing its policy, we follow the recommendations of Children First – National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children and Our Duty to Care – The Principles of Good Practice for the Protection of Children and Young People.
(A child is defined in law as a person up to the age of 18 years. Therefore the term ‘child’ used throughout this policy includes young people. )
The following actions will be taken if an allegation is made against a member of staff:
1. The applicable employment contract and the laws of natural justice are to be followed.
2. The School Director (Michael MacLennan) will be informed as soon as possible.
3. The first priority is that no child is exposed to unnecessary risk, and the School Director (Michael MacLennan) will take the relevant protective measures.
4. These measures will be proportionate to the level of risk.
5. Any action following the allegation of abuse against a staff member will be taken in consultation with the health board and An Garda Síochána. An immediate meeting with these two agencies will be arranged.
6. After these consultations, the accused person will be informed by the Director of his/her future in the School.
7. The School will ensure that all is done to assist the health board and An Garda Síochána in their investigation of the matter.
(Electric, Acoustic, Bass)
(Classical, Jazz, Blues, Popular)
Call for avaialability